City notes for the week of 12/27/21

 Hello neighbors! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with peace and joy. I was blessed to spend time with my family and extended family members without having to travel to far, which is always nice. 

As mentioned in my blog last week, there isn't much of anything happening for the council or committees this week. 

Elections

One note I'll share is related to elections. As of Monday, I am officially a candidate for the Calumet County Board, representing supervisory district 5. This will be a spring 2022 election. I will still continue to serve on the Appleton Common Council as well. A large portion of the county supervisory district is also part of Appleton's district 15 already, so there will certainly be some overlap.

Monday I delivered my paperwork to the Calumet County Clerk's office to get on the ballot for supervisory district 5 race in April 2022.

That is a big reason I chose to run for the county board. I think there are some real opportunities to be explored, for the city and the county to work more closely on shared services and more cooperatively in other areas as well. Finding efficiencies will benefit the city, the county and all of us as taxpayers. If elected, I won't be stepping down from council, but I do promise to try to use both positions to find synergies that benefit us all. 

Aside from that, for anyone else thinking of running for an aldermanic seat in Appleton or other county board positions in any of the three counties that Appleton is part of, January 5th is the deadline to return paperwork and the required number of signatures from voters to get on the ballot. Paperwork is turned in to the City Clerk's office at City Hall for council seats and to the appropriate county clerk's office for supervisor positions. I'm happy to answer questions for anyone wishing to know more about what it takes to run for local office. 

Get In Touch

I am always available to answer questions at district15@appleton.org or (920) 419-1360. As always, agendas can be found on the agenda and meetings page of the city website. Meetings can be viewed live on the website or watched at a later date. Meetings are also open for anyone to attend in person and all meetings take place in the Common Council chambers on the 6th floor of City Hall, unless otherwise noted. 


Comments